In honor of October being National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, Credit Union ONE would like to take the time to dedicate this blog to staying vigilant with increased fraudulent activity. The three most common ways fraudsters access your bank information are through phishing, malware, and scams.
This is a fraudulent practice of sending emails purporting to be from reputable companies to obtain personal information. Fake websites and personalized emails can appear very similar to what you’re used to trick you into entering your personal information.
Also known as malicious software, is a virus attached through email attachments, internet popups, or faulty program downloads. Malware is built to bypass computer security and comprise your information.
The most widely known form of fraud that is talked about. Scams come in the form of robocalls, calls from real people, and even text messages. Scammer’s main goal is to receive money via wire transfers, credit card information, or money transfers using apps like Zelle, PayPal, Cashapp and Venmo. Credit Union ONE advises to NEVER give out personal information to another person unless you know them personally.
Here are some steps that Credit Union ONE takes to ensure your protection and peace of mind!
The Mastercard ID Theft Protection™ better safeguards you against possible identity theft and here is how:
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection will monitor your credit file for changes that could result in fraud. With live credit monitoring, you will have peace of mind.
- It will also send alert notifications whenever suspicious activity is detected. Leave the hard work to us. Alerting you with notifications if any activity that isn’t you appears.
- Provides you with a resolution specialist whenever you need assistance.
Beyond our credit and debit card theft protection, we also protect with:
- Multi-factor authentication that protects your account.
- Automated fraud alerts allowing you to instantly respond to suspected fraud on your account via text, Digital Voice, or email.
- EMV technology featured on our debit cards. It adds another layer of security to each transaction you make.
- We at Credit Union ONE are dedicated to helping members understand the digital threats that exist and take steps to avoid pitfalls because your peace of mind is priceless.