We're celebrating our 80th Anniversary
We're "people helping people." Always.
Our story began in 1937 when 15 neighbors organized the Ferndale Co-Op Credit Union in a local church basement, pooling $158 and their shared commitment to helping people. Membership grew slowly at first, to 1,500 in the 1940s and then 14,000 in the 1950s. By the early 1960s, we were one of Michigan's 10 largest credit unions.
We formed an important partnership with Hutzel Hospital in 1967, which became the first of many long-term alliances with leading health care and educational institutions. Today, these partners include the Detroit Medical Center Hospitals, Beaumont Hospitals, St. John Health Systems, Munson Medical Center, and the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, among others.
"Credit Union ONE" came about with our 1984 name change, a transition designed to mark our emergence as a statewide institution. Our service areas now include 20 branch offices in Metro-Detroit, Grand Rapids and Traverse City.
From the beginning, we've been committed to providing exceptional Member value across a complete portfolio of financial products and services. We were among the first to offer the 24/7 convenience of ATM and 24-Hour Telephone Banking account access. We built one of the state's most comprehensive mortgage lending programs, and as Member needs evolved, added personal financial planning, retirement and investment products, insurance and brokerage services. We became a single source for all of our Members' financial service needs.
Now in our eighth decade of service, we continue our tradition of high quality based on the same principles that have guided our success since 1937: People Helping People; treating our Members with honesty and respect; and providing exceptional value by delivering outstanding products and services anytime, anywhere. We continually strive to provide products and services that are convenient, easy, affordable and dependable.