Who is eligible to use Mobile Check Deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit is available to Credit Union ONE members who have/are:
- A Checking Account or a loan and Savings Account,
- An account open over 30 days,
- Active accounts, with no negative history on the account,
- At least 18 years of age,
- Enrolled in Online Banking
Is there a fee to use Mobile Check Deposit?
No. There is not a fee for this service, however, mobile carrier fees may apply.
What devices can I use to deposit checks?
Mobile deposits are available with Credit Union ONE’s mobile app using Android smartphones and Apple devices with rear-facing cameras.
What accounts can I deposit funds into using Mobile Check Deposit?
You can deposit funds into your Credit Union ONE personal checking or savings accounts.
How do I endorse a check for Mobile Check Deposit?
On the back of the check in the endorsement area, sign your name as it is listed on your Credit Union ONE account. Under your signature, print the words “For Mobile Deposit at Credit Union ONE”.
If Mobile Check Deposit will not accept your check, please bring it to the Credit Union ONE branch nearest you to make your deposit.
Can I make loan payments using Mobile Check Deposit?
While you cannot apply a check deposited through a mobile device directly to a loan, you can use Credit Union ONE’s online or mobile banking to transfer available funds to the loan balance once the check has been posted to your checking or savings account.
Will I have funds available immediately after depositing a check through Mobile Check Deposit?
Yes – up to $200 is available immediately, and remaining funds are usually available in two business days after the deposit. Please refer to Credit Union ONE’s Funds Availability Disclosure Policy
for full details.
What checks are ineligible for deposit?
Credit Union ONE reviews each item deposited through Mobile Check Deposit, and may return the check if there are issues with the deposit. Examples of ineligible checks include:
- Government checks
- Checks not payable to the account owner
- Torn or damaged checks
- Altered or suspect checks
- Incomplete checks
- Checks drawn on banks located outside the United States
- Checks drawn in foreign currencies
- Checks dated more than six months prior to the date of deposit
- Checks dates in the future of the date of deposit
- Items previously processed
- Checks with unreadable MICR information
Please refer to Credit Union ONE’s Mobile Deposit Terms of Service
for further information.
What are some tips for taking a good photo of my check?
- Before taking the picture of the check, review the check to ensure all check information is clearly visible on the check in dark ink: Amount, Payee, Signature of the check drawer, Date, Check number, MICR line, routing and transit numbers.
- Sign the back of the check and write “For Mobile Deposit at Credit Union ONE” under the signature in the endorsement area. Checks deposited through Mobile Deposit will be rejected if it is not endorsed.
- Smooth out the check so that it is free of wrinkles or curved-up edges
- Place check on a dark flat surface
- Hold the phone directly over the check – this will avoid blurred areas common with photos taken at an angle
- Take photo in a well-lit area, preferably without the use of flash
What do I do with the check after I make the mobile deposit?
Credit Union ONE recommends that once you confirm your deposit has posted (via your Online Banking account history or monthly statement), keep the check in a secure place for 180 days from check posting date. After 180 days, it is safe to destroy the check.